Gates Poly Chain belts are awesome. If you’re like us, you like getting under the hood of equipment and then making it better. Gates Poly Chain timing belts are the top of the line, best-in-class, no doubt about it choice. They are low maintenance (which we love). They don’t require lubrication. They don’t require tensioning. And the Gates Poly Chain belts are environmentally friendly. Obviously over time this brings some legitimate energy and maintenance savings.
So what are the advantages? According to the Gates website:
- Maintenance-free, clean solution for roller chain drive conversion
- Significantly reduces maintenance costs
- Equivalent capacity to roller chain drives in the same width
- Easy rust-free wash-down with Gates Stainless Steel hardware
- Fast drive conversion payback
- Quieter than roller chain drives
- New construction provides up to 55% more low-speed capacity than the original PCGT construction and 30% more than PCGT2.
- Gates curvilinear tooth profile provides high shear strength, noise reduction, and improved load carrying capacity.
- Robust carbon tensile cord combines minimal stretch with extraordinary strength and load carrying capacity, while absorbing shock and surge loads.
- Durable polyurethane construction resists chemicals, oil, pollutants, and abrasion.
- Nylon tooth facing reduces friction and eliminates the need for lubrication.
- Fully operational in temperature extremes of -65°F to +185°F (-54°C to +85°C).